Random Thoughts

Well, here we go, here is my first "blog entry."  I have had people tell me before that I should blog, and always found it a bit silly.  I mean what is a blog really, other than a publicized journal?  However, writing for me has been a long time substitute for the therapy that I actually need and if someone can in someway benefit from my ramblings...so be it.  


My random thought for the day...or maybe not so random is why do we turn to "other things or other people" with our troubles, instead of God?  


I had a bit of a stressful day the other day, and you know what I did?  I ate ice cream.  That was my solution.  Really?  I mean, I have a book full of love letters from my God sitting on my end table, and instead of picking it up I turn to a bucket of lard.  Why?  Perhaps the way we were raised, maybe because the stupid ice cream tastes so good....regardless, isn't what I'm doing in some way (big or small) making me self-sufficient?  


I wonder how many times God has placed a struggle or a frustration in my life, waiting to give me a treasure from His Word, or a breath of encouragement from time spent with Him, and instead I ignore the opportunity, blame my circumstances and grab a spoon.  


Now, for people who do not stress eat, (my husband) this makes no sense.  But, fill in the blank..often we all "'fill" our fellowship opportunities with something other than God's presence.  


So, it's a challenge for me, and a challenge for you if you're reading this.  What would happen if every time we were challenged by something, or life wasn't going exactly how we had it mapped out to be when we were five-- we told God about it.  How sweet that fellowship could be if it was deeper!  (maybe better than ice cream)

Comments

Popular Posts