Redefined by Grace





"God is sheer mercy and grace; not easily angered, He's rich in love.  He doesn't endlessly nag and scold, nor hold grudges forever.  He doesn't treat us as our sins deserve, nor pay us back in full for our wrongs.  As high as heaven is over the earth, so strong is His love to those who fear Him.  And as far as sunrise is from sunset, He has separated us from our sins.  As parents feel for their children, God feels for those who fear Him.  He knows us inside and out, keeps in mind that we're made of mud."
Psalm 103:8-14 (The Message) 


It is amazing to me that a God that wraps Himself in light and calls it a robe can love a wretch like me.  What an amazing God we serve.  What an amazing love He has for us that He does not repay us for our sins as we deserve.  


I'm still learning of that love, I'm still trying to accept that love to the fullest extent.  What I've discovered is that I have to empty myself of all of the lies, all of the hurt, and all of the junk that I think defines me...and redefine my life with His grace.  It's very difficult.  


It's difficult to feel you are worthy of love when so many things in life have shouted that you are not.  So much buried, so much pushed aside, or pushed back--only to resurface on a bad day and stare you in the face again.  


Why is it that I believe the Bible to be true, but often have difficulty taking hold of the very promises that are there for my nourishment?  


I believe God loves others, I believe He forgives others, why is it difficult to embrace those truths for myself?--S I N 


My sin, your sin, the world's sin.  It ruined everything.  And unless I read His Word daily, how am I ever to drown out the voices of lies that say I'm not worthy of a Savior?  


I write this, because I have a sneaky suspicion that this is a problem for a lot of people.  No one is righteous no not one, and we all deserve eternal damnation.  But if you have accepted Christ as Savior and Lord of your life then don't forget that that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. 


God's not finished with you!  (or me) Hallelujah!!!  


I am so grateful that God can take all of the junk in my life, all of the pain and use it!  Amazing.  To me it's a pile of regrets, and failure--to Him it's an opportunity to bring glory unto Himself.  What more do you need to know?  What else matters?  


Here's the problem--it's easy (or at least easier)  for me to remember these truths when I am sitting (alone) at my computer with my Bible open and Chris Tomlin playing in the background.  It's difficult basically every other moment unless I am in constant contact with my God.  Intentional contact.  I got up late today, I said like a 30 second prayer in the shower for the day to be good (really shook the Heavens with that one)--that's not intentional contact.  


So, how's your walk with God?  How's your devotion time?  Is it intentional?  


I'm learning that yes, things happened in my past that were unfair, that have left their mark--but God is a Father to the fatherless, and Jesus understands every single hurt.  He is the ultimate example of suffering for the glory of God.  


I encourage you to dig deeper in His Word.  I encourage you to redefine yourself by His grace.  His amazing grace.....













Comments

Popular Posts