Why Do People Drive Me Crazy???

Jesus loves people. All people, period.  How?  Oh my goodness how I struggle with that.  Sometimes people send me over the edge--to be honest especially church people.  Why?  Why can't I love people like Jesus did, (other than the fact that I'm not Jesus)

Well in my daily quest to start my day off right, before stupid hits me in the face, I found this devotion.  It was way too good to keep to myself.  I love it when I find devotions or I hear a sermon or something that confirms something I am already thinking.  This is convicting, but what I suspected to be true of myself.

"With what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you."  Matthew 7:21

This statement if not some haphazard theory, but it is an eternal law of God.  Whatever judgment you give will be the very way you are judged.  There is a difference between retaliation and retribution.  Jesus said that the basis of life is retribution--"with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you."  If you have been shrewd in finding out the shortcomings of others, remember that will be exactly how you will be measured.  The way you pay is the way life will pay you back.  This eternal law works from God's throne down to us. (Psalm 18:25-26)

Romans 2:1 applies it in even a more definite way by saying that the one who criticizes another is guilty of the very same thing.  God looks not only at the act itself, but also at the possibility of committing it, which He sees by looking at our hearts.  To begin with, we do not believe the statements of the Bible.  For instance, do we really believe the statement that says we criticize in others the very things that we are guilty of ourselves?  The reason we see hypocrisy, deceit, and a lack of genuineness in others is that they are all in our own hearts.  The greatest characteristic of a saint is humility, as evidenced by being able to say honestly and humbly, "Yes, all those, as well as other evils. would have been exhibited in me if it were not for the grace of God.  Therefore, I have no right to judge."

Who of us would dare stand before God and say, "My God, judge me as I have judged others?"  We have judged other sinners--if God should judge us in the same way, we would be condemned to hell.  Yet God judges on the basis of the miraculous atonement by the Cross of Christ.

-Oswald Chambers

Well, this laid some of my suspicions to rest.  People drive me crazy because of sin, but mainly because of my sin.  It bothers me when people aren't honest about people driving them crazy--spare me, of course they bother you!  However, by the grace of God we can and should learn to love them, because of the love and forgiveness that we have been granted motivating us to do so.  With that said, somedays, (today was one of them) I feel as though God has placed more than enough "Extra Grace Required" people in my life.  But, contrary to popular belief, I DO believe that God gives you more than you can handle--so you finally turn to Him in complete surrender.  So Lord, all I can pray about this, is HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts