Cupcakes or Colossians



I ordered this book today.  You see, I have a problem.  I'm about one blizzard away from having to lay down to put my pants on.  Now, that's a problem.  But besides the weight, or how I look, or any of that...there's a bigger problem.  When I am stressed, or annoyed, or bored, or frustrated, or lonely, or angry, I eat.  I have been able to get away with this for awhile.  Now I am almost 30, and apparently your body turns everything into fat from here on out (that is if you are a woman).  But the bigger issue is, why I am I not turning to God?  Just because a woman can fit in her skinny jeans, or is a size socially acceptable to society does not mean that she has beat the cravings in life.  We were meant to crave our Savior and His love and I fear too many of us have fed that craving with something harmful or at least completely inadequate compared to His love and plans for us.  So...once I get this book, I will post some of the things I have learned.  In the mean time, praying God will help me to put the cupcake down, and grab the Word of God to fulfill me.

Comments

Popular Posts