Does God Really Care What I Eat?


So this whole food thing...does God really care what I eat?  Is it really that important?  What difference does it make?  He loves me unconditionally right?  So who cares what I eat?  

Well, I do think it matters.  God never intended for us to want or crave anything more than Him.  Just the slightest glimpse into His Word uncovers that.  

I have craved chocolate in a very very real way before.  Like I have to have chocolate now kind of craving.  Like I would give anything for a Snickers bar...kind of reminds me of a story...ever heard of Jacob and Esau?  Giving up God's best for me (something beneficial) for something empty, while even though it is permissible, it's not satisfying.  

Something really dumb is that usually when I "crave" something in that way I'm not hungry.  Not at all.  I have never craved a carrot like that.  (unless of course it is saturated in ranch dressing)  We crave what we eat.  So...if we want to stop the cravings for food that we know is not good for us, or beneficial--then we have to stop eating them.  Which obviously takes will power and discipline, which most of us lack.  

It's so simple, and yet so difficult.  God wants me to rely on Him when I am sad, frustrated, lonely, angry, or bored.  I wonder how it makes Him feel if when I am "bored" I go to the fridge instead of going to His Word.  

So......does God care what I eat?  I believe He does.  Especially if it's hindering me from having the absolute best relationship with Him I can have.  Food may not be your problem.  Food may not be what you turned to instead of God, but I bet you have something.  And what ever it is, I believe you can conquer it.  We were made for victory, sometimes we just have to find our way to that truth.  




Comments

Popular Posts