Blessing Without Measure


"Bring the full 10 percent into the storehouse so that there may be food in My house. Test Me in this way," says the Lord of Hosts. "See if I will not open the floodgates of heaven and pour out a blessing for you without measure."Malachi 3:10


Tithing is difficult.  It's difficult when you don't have any money.  Perhaps even more difficult when you do have money, ( i wouldn't know) but when we rob God we rob ourselves.  We miss out on opportunities of blessings.  That's not to say that He does not bless us anyway, and give us way more than we deserve, He is faithful when we are not.  But the blessings that come from obedience are the sweetest.  

In my experience, tithing increases not only your faith, but your prayer life as well.  

Over the years we have had God provide for us through His people in various different ways, often times allowing us to serve Him further, and take away the sin of worry.  Other times, the bills get paid, and on paper it makes absolutely no sense as to why.  It's a God thing.  You accept it, praise Him, and pass it on when you are able.  

I experienced His provision and blessings in a very unique way today..........


I have suffered from migraines for almost ten years.  They can interfere with my life terribly.  For the most part I have been able to discover what triggers them, and deal with them.  But, from time to time I do get a doosey that I can't seem to get rid of.  

It started Monday night, I knew a migraine was coming on, and took some medicine.  Tuesday morning I woke up with one, and "dealt" with it most of the day, Wednesday much of the same.  It left me feeling exhausted and drained, but I thought it was getting better.  Then, this morning I woke up in tears it hurt so bad.  I tried to pray but I couldn't focus.  I said God please, just please, give me some relief and help me get through this day at work.  

I went to work, cried in the bathroom when I got there...dried my eyes, and put my smile on.  

Years ago I discovered that going to the chiropractor and getting my neck popped can bring almost INSTANT relief.  I knew I needed to go, but I simply did not have the money.  

I was mad at myself, ready to cry again, and my phone rang.  I let it go to voicemail, and when I checked it--it was my chiropractor's office.  They had a couple questions to ask me, and I needed to call them.  Strange.  

I called them, (you cannot make this stuff up, it is so crazy!) and they asked me how I was doing because they hadn't seen me in awhile.  They were calling to offer me a complimentary visit because I had referred so many people, so out of appreciation they wanted to extend a free visit to me.  I think my jaw hit the floor, when the receptionist said I can get you in this morning if you would like, will that work for you Melissa? ......Melissa?  I guess she couldn't see me nodding my head in disbelief.  YES!  that would be wonderful.  

Blessing Without Measure. 

A specific blessing.  That wouldn't be a blessing to every one, but it was a HUGE blessing for me, at that exact moment.  That's the God I serve.  

The very first visit I ever had with my chiropractor he asked my if I knew Jesus Christ, so of course I shared all the background to his call.....he was just as thrilled as I was!  

"Bring the full 10 percent into the storehouse so that there may be food in My house. Test Me in this way," says the Lord of Hosts. "See if I will not open the floodgates of heaven and pour out a blessing for you without measure."Malachi 3:10

Comments

Popular Posts